First off ensure you have this in place:
- The organization group in AirWatch that you are configuring VMware Identity Manager is organization type: Customer.
- REST API admin key for communication with VMware Identtiy Manager service and a REST enrolled user API key for AirWatch Cloud Connector password authentication are made at the same organization group where VMware Identity Manager is configured.
- API Admin account settings and the admin auth certificate from AirWatch added to the AirWatch settings in the VMware Identity Manager admin console.
- Active Directory user accounts set up at the asme organization group where VMware Identity Manager is configured.
- If end users are placed into a child organization group from where VMware Identity Manager is configured after registration and enrollment, User Group mapping in the AirWatch enrollment configuration must be used to filter users and their respective devices to the appropriate organization group.
You can find these in your AirWatch Admin console:
- REST admin API key for communication: System -> Advanced -> API -> REST API
- API Admin account for VMware Identity Manager and the admin auth certificate that is exported form AirWatch and added to the AirWatch settings in VMware Identity Manager.
- REST enrolled user API key used for AirWatch Cloud Connector password authentication.